Lifeline Shanghai is a public-benefit, non-profit organization offering free, confidential, and anonymous information and emotional support. We are affiliated with and accredited by Lifeline International, based in Australia, funded in part by the World Health Organization. The worldwide organization has representation in 22 countries and a corps of volunteers of more than 30,000. Launched in 2004, our helpline has continued to provide Shanghai's international community with easy access to effective support, crisis intervention, referrals and information. Additionally, Lifeline Shanghai offers the YouthLink program to international schools as well as community outreach and workshops.
The vision of Lifeline Shanghai as an international non-profit organization that is empowered to support itself and other members of the community.
The mission of Lifeline Shanghai is to foster well-being and resilience among Shanghai's international community.
Statement of Values
- We believe that people have the ability to find their own solutions and must make their own decisions; our role is to support them in accessing to the necessary resources.
- We value the privacy of our clients and pledge to maintain the confidentiality of the information they provide to us and, when served by telephone, and their anonymity.
- We value collaboration with individuals, other organizations, and companies and the synergy it brings to all.
- We value and abide by the Lifeline International Code of Ethics.
- We value best practice and are dedicated to continuous improvement.