Lifeline Shanghai relies on the time and efforts of volunteers in Shanghai. These volunteers work in a number of capacities—delivering Lifeline Shanghai's telephone helpline services, raising funds, attending outreach events, conducting administrative duties, etc.
The possibilities are endless, and volunteering is an enriching experience for both the individual and Lifeline Shanghai.
When you volunteer with Lifeline Shanghai, you make a positive difference in the lives of other members of our international community, as well as a positive difference in yourself.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Learn practical skills
- Enhance self-awareness
- Potential career opportunities
- Opportunity to give back to your community
- Belong to the Lifeline Shanghai community
- Ongoing support in your work with Lifeline Shanghai
- Some forms of volunteering offer accreditation opportunities
- Become a Lifeline Shanghai Telephone Volunteer
- Help out with Lifeline events, such as the Health Fair, YouthLink Fair, or Anniversary Party
- Participate in outreach events
- Assist in administration and office activities
- Provide your expert skills or services in a pro-bono capacity, e.g. a professional photographer may like to volunteer skills at Lifeline Shanghai events…
Telephone Volunteer Requirements
Telephone volunteers must be at least 21 years old, have lived in Shanghai for at least six months, and be fluent in English.
If you're not yet 21 years old but would like to get involved, please check out our YouthLink program for more opportunities.
What kind of volunteer is Lifeline Shanghai looking for?People from all walks of life who are prepared to:
- Undertake training
- Fulfill shifts on a regular basis (a minimum of two four-hour shifts a month)
- Work within the mission, vision, and values of Lifeline Shanghai
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
- A non-judgmental attitude
It's very important that everyone goes through the training, whether or not they end up answering the helpline, because it gives them a much deeper understanding of the organization- not just what we do, but why we do it.
Please download this application form and answer the questions. Once you've completed your application, please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then contact you to set up a time for an interview with one of our counselors.
We look forward to receiving your application!Back to top